A Posse Ad Esse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Current War Record
W: 0
L: 8
T: 0

Latest topics
» What kinda music puts you in your zone?
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 pm by TheRobIsKing

» Do you like it??
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm by gkamal

» Ruling Question #4
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #3
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm by KingWolfy

» What makes you happy?
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 pm by KingWolfy

» Burgers Made From Poop?!
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:41 am by KingWolfy

» What do you look like?
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am by KingWolfy

» The Assessment
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 am by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #2
SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:12 am by KingWolfy

SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain

Go down

SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain Empty SEGOC - Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain

Post by KingWolfy Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 am

Have you ever been in a situation where you attacked and several monster effects are supposed to happen? For example, you attack "Sangan" with "Blackwing - Shura The Blue Flame". Who's supposed to get the effect first? or Discarding "The Fabled Cerburrel" and "The Fabled Krus" with "Card Destruction", which effect comes first and how does it resolve?

Well, as the title says SEGOC's, are multiple effects that activate with the same timing. Mandatory Monster Effects and Optional Monster Effects. (Monster Effects will be broken down in a second article.)

With the monster effects, they have to be placed in some kind of order, just to show how each is resolving. This can be reviewed in the Chains/Resolutions articles. A very difficult yet famous SEGOC would be that involving "Light and Darkness Dragon" and "Sangan".

As you know, "LaDD" has a trigger effect that negates anything that is activated; be it an effect, trap card, or spell card. However, please remember that "LaDD" can only negate 1 card per chain, it CANNOT be activated more than ONCE during a chain. This is what makes it tricky to use at times, but it is very reliable if used correctly.

Now let's look at an "SEGOC" take place involving "LaDD" and "Sangan":
Both players have an active "Sangan" and "LaDD" on their sides of the field. As turn player, you attack your opponent's "Sangan" with your own. As both "Sangan" are sent to the grave, their effects activate, which triggers the effect of BOTH "LaDD". Naturally, you are not allowed more than 1 monster on a single link, which is why these effects have to be seperated by links.

Code:
Chain Link 1: Turn Player's Sangan
Chain Link 2: Opponent's Sangan
Chain Link 3: Turn Player's LaDD
Chain Link 4: Opponen'ts LaDD

As the turn player, your effects always become the first links or the priority effect. Your Sangan would be CL1, with the opponent's following, then your LaDD comes first with your opponent's following. Now comes the tricky part of resolution. Like stated in the Resolutions article, chains resolve backwards.

Code:
Resolution 1: Opponent's LaDD
Resolution 2: Turn Player's LaDD
Resolution 3: Opponent's Sangan
Resolution 4: Turn Player's Sangan

What happens is that your opponent's LaDD would negate his Sangan. Then your LaDD "fizzles", (the effect disappears), without losing its attack/defense points. Finally, your Sangan would resolve with its effect.

It seems complicated, but since both LaDD's were triggered to the Sangan, they both negate the first Sangan to occur during the chain's resolution. However, since only one effect can resolve at a time, your opponent's LaDD negates, leaving you without anything to negate.

Using An Example From Above:
When you discard "The Fabled Cerburrel" and "Fabled Krus" using "Card Destruction", after CD resolves, both those effects activate at the same time. However, as you are the turn player, you can select with of these effects go as Chain Link 1 and the other as CL2.
Code:

Chain Link 1: Cerburrel or Krus
Chain Link 2: Cerburrel or Krus

They depend on your choice for which goes where, what you make as CL1 and CL2 can be drastically changed if cards are chained or monsters such as "Thunder King Rai-Oh" is active on the field.

I hope this explains what an SEGOC is. They can get very complicated further on, but this is the basis of one.

For more information:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain
KingWolfy
KingWolfy
AE's Leader

https://apae.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down