A Posse Ad Esse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Current War Record
W: 0
L: 8
T: 0

Latest topics
» What kinda music puts you in your zone?
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 pm by TheRobIsKing

» Do you like it??
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm by gkamal

» Ruling Question #4
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #3
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm by KingWolfy

» What makes you happy?
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 pm by KingWolfy

» Burgers Made From Poop?!
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:41 am by KingWolfy

» What do you look like?
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am by KingWolfy

» The Assessment
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 am by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #2
Resolving a Chain I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:12 am by KingWolfy

Resolving a Chain

Go down

Resolving a Chain Empty Resolving a Chain

Post by KingWolfy Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:22 pm

As the topic states, we will be reading and discussing how to "Resolve A Chain". This by far will be one of the simplest articles and rules ever.

As you know, a chain is broken into links based on the number of cards within the chain.
(CL1, CL2, CL3, and so forth.)

When its time to resolve a chain, it is resolved starting at the end of the chain, or for better terms, its starts at the last chain link and works its way backwards. Remember that depends on the cards in a chain, there will be different results on how cards resolve. Below will be two examples of how chains resolve using, monster, spells, and traps.

Example 1:
In this example, your Spirit Reaper attacks your opponent directly, then they flip Dimensional Prison, at this time you flip Trap Stun, and your opponent flips Book of Moon and targets Spirit Reaper.

Turn Player: Spirit Reaper Attacks
Non-Turn Player: Activates Dimensional Prison
Turn Player: Activates Trap Stun
Non-Turn Player: Activates Book of Moon and targets Spirit Reaper
*Refer to Spirit Reaper at the following link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Spirit_Reaper

Chain Link 1: Dimensional Prison, Chain Link 2: Trap Stun, Chain Link 3: Book of Moon
When resolving, the chain goes backwards.
Resolving 1st: Book of Moon, Resolving 2nd: Trap Stun, Resolving 3rd: Dimensional Prison

When Book of Moon resolves, it flips Spirit Reaper face-down, when Trap Stun resolves it stops Dimensional Prison's effect and any other traps from being used that turn. When it time for Dimensional Prison to resolve, it resolves without an effect because of Trap Stun.

Example 2:
You have a face-up Sangan on the field and a Book of Moon in your hand. Your opponent has a face-up BlackWing - Bora The Spear with 2 face-downs (spell/trap). You attack your opponent's Bora with your Sangan, while activating Book of Moon from hand, targeting Bora. Your opponent then activates Icarus Attack, targeting your Sangan and Book of Moon. You then activate Dark Bribe.

Turn Player: Attacks Bora with Sangan, Flips Book of Moon
Non-Turn Player: Activates Icarus Attack, Targeting Sangan and Book of Moon
Turn Player: Activates Dark Bribe

Chain Link 1: Book of Moon, Chain Link 2: Icarus Attack, Chain Link 3: Dark Bribe
When resolving, the chain goes backwards.
Resolving 1st: Dark Bribe, Resolving 2nd: Icarus Attack, Resolving 3rd: Book of Moon

When Dark Bribe resolves, it negates the activation of Icarus Attack.(Please note that when you Tribute a Wing-Beast Monster, it is a COST) Since Icarus was negated, it resolves without an effect, leaving your Book of Moon and Sangan safe. Now when Book of Moon resolves, the monster that it targeted is no longer there, so its effect disappears.
*Please refer to Cost at the following link: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cost

I hope I made this clear, please, please, please, if there are any questions, make sure you ask.
KingWolfy
KingWolfy
AE's Leader

https://apae.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down