A Posse Ad Esse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Current War Record
W: 0
L: 8
T: 0

Latest topics
» What kinda music puts you in your zone?
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 pm by TheRobIsKing

» Do you like it??
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm by gkamal

» Ruling Question #4
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #3
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm by KingWolfy

» What makes you happy?
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 pm by KingWolfy

» Burgers Made From Poop?!
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:41 am by KingWolfy

» What do you look like?
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:37 am by KingWolfy

» The Assessment
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 am by KingWolfy

» Ruling Question #2
Monster Effects I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:12 am by KingWolfy

Monster Effects

Go down

Monster Effects Empty Monster Effects

Post by KingWolfy Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 am

Hey Everyone, time for another article. This time around we are focusing on Monster Effects. Just like spell and trap cards, monster effects have speeds as well, however, the inner-workings of chaining are similar, but different at the same time.

Monster Effects:
Spell Speed 1 - Mandatory/Optional/Trigger/Ignition Effects
Spell Speed 2 - Quick Effects

Mandatory Effects:
Mandatory effects are always going to be SS1. These effects usually start first in a chain; they are the effects that MUST happen no matter what, unless there is a card preventing it from resolving.

For example, if you were to Tribute "Sangan" for "Ancient Gear Golem" and there were no other chains in the moment of summon, Sangan's effect activates and resolves properly. If Sangan were to go to grave, via "Torrential Tribute" and no other cards disrupted the effects, Sangan would activate and resolve properly.

Optional Effects:
Optional effects are pretty self explanatory, almost any effect that isn't mandatory is optional. The rules for optional effects are every simple, if the situation occurs when you can activate an effect, you have the choice to use it or not. Key words for optional effects, "Can" or "Once per turn", that tells you if an effect is optional.

For example, there is a "Treeborn Frog" in your graveyard. Your Standby Phase appears and you currently decide whether you want to use Treeborn's effect or not. This would mainly depend on the field and hand.

Ignition and Trigger Effects:
Ignition Effects are effects that happen upon the players activation. These are unlike optional effects that occur when a card is sent to the graveyard for example. These effects are can known by words such as "Once per turn" or "To" (to signifies a cost). Ignition simply means effects you activate during your MP1 or MP2 (an exception being "Red-Eyes Wyvern").

Trigger Effects occur when certain conditions on the field are met. They are sort of like Mandatory Effects, but can also be Optional Effects. When a monster effect happens when its summoned, it is a Trigger Effect. When a summoned monster meets the requirement of another effect monster on the field, that is a Trigger Effect.

For example, "Zaborg the Thunder Monarch's" effect is triggered when it is Tribute Summoned, and the effect requires it to destroy 1 monster on the field. Another example, would be "Forumla Synchron", when its summoned the effect is triggered to allow you to draw a card.

Quick Effects:
Quick Effects, like the name says are fast. They can be used as chain links. This type of effect can be activate during any phase of the turn and SOME can even be used during the Damage Step. One of the most common Quick Effect monsters is "Stardust Dragon". You can use its effect to chain to various cards that destroy.

*3AM Going To Update More Later... ~.~*
KingWolfy
KingWolfy
AE's Leader

https://apae.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down